How does the Wilson College Printing Authentication system work?
You will prepare you documents as you normally would.
The only thing that changes is the appearance of some dialog boxes, prompting you for your credentials, before the document is released to the printer.
1. A few seconds after submitting your print job, a dialog box will pop up prompting you for your Wilson College username and password.
(This is the same as your E-Mail username and password.)
2. Once you have submitted your credentials, your current account balance will be displayed, along with the cost of the print job submitted.
3. Click on "Print" to confirm your job, and release it to the printer. Your job will print normally provided you have a sufficient balance. If you have insifficient credit, the print job is cancelled, and a pop-up appears, stating insufficient funds and displaying your current balance.
What if I don't have or don't know my Username and Password?
Please contact the Office of Information Technology by Telephone at (717)262-2014 where the staff will be able to provide you with your credentials.
How will the account system work?
Each student at Wilson College will be given a printing "account" that has a starting balance of $20.00. At the beginning of the Fall Semester and the Spring Semester, your printing account balance will be zeroed out, and reset to $20.00.
Account blalnces will not "roll over".
How much does it cost to print?
Each printed page costs 3 cents for a Black & White print, and 12 cents for a color print. If both sides of the page are printed on, as with a duplex job, it is counted as two printed pages. The $20.00 that Wilson College credits your account will allow you to print up to 666 pages in Black & White, or up to 166 pages in color, or any combination in between.
How can I add funds to my account?
If you depete the balance of your printing account prior to the beginning of the next semester, you can bring additional funds to the Business Office during regular business hours. The Business Office staff will then inform IT to credit your printing account.
Do I have to pay for defective prints?
No, you do not.
Please keep any defective prints (e.g. those with poor print quality, streaks, lines, etc.) and bring them to either the IT Office (located in the basement of Edgar Hall) or the Library, where Staff can refund the costs to your account.
Printing "mistakes" are not considered "defective" prints, and will not be subject to a refund.
Additionally, if the printer that you are using is producing poor quality documents, please turn off the printer and place an "Out Of Order" sign on it to inform others that it requires service, and inform the IT Staff by submitting an IT Service Request so that we can remedy the problem as quickly as possible. Service requests can be submitted online by pointing your web browser to: http://www.wilson.edu/ItServiceRequest
What alternatives do I have to printing?
Responsible printing means printing only what you need.
Where can I print in color?
Wilson College will now have four Color Printers available for student use in the following locations:
How do I print in color?
To print a document in color, please follow these steps:
1. From the "Print" window, click "Printer Properties".
2. Click the "Image Options" tab.
3. Uncheck the "Xerox Black and White Conversion" checkbox.
4. Click "OK".